skip to main | skip to sidebar

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

CARAMOAN│Matukad Island: My Most Favorite Island Destination

Picture1
Our Island adventure begin when we left Bikal port about 2 in the afternoon and ride a medium sized boat with our tour guide Kuya Joseph. After passing by so many beautiful Islands, we didn't imagine that we'll land on this mesmerizing Island.

From a far, you'll see this beautiful huge rock inviting you to swim on its bluish waters from your boat up to the shore. This view is just a glimpse and be ready to unveil the beauty you never seen before and I tell you, you don't want to leave this Island after your first step!
Picture2

After an hour we finally docked at the Matukad's shore. My first Matukad Island step was so unforgettable. I feel like stepping on a "Pulboron", (a filipino delicacy composed of powdered milk, sugar, and flour) and I can help but to enjoy it like a child.
Picture15
The time we visited this Island, the locals are cleaning the whole Island because Survivor India will held their episode shoot there, luckily we went there first, we might not experienced this beautiful island. Imagine it's beauty that made foreign Survivor team keep coming back Caramoan?
Picture5
Matukad Island got it's name from local term "Mataas" or Steep based on how limestone rocks appears around the Island. In this picture, this limestone rock formation got my attention, it looks like a throne of the ocean's king situated at the front of the shore.

Picture8
Behind this spiny rocks lies an intriguing mystery. Our tour guide told us a story about a mysterious "Bangus" or milk fish that made the Island more popular.

Picture16
See how spiny those rocks? It would seriously scratch your skin if you're not that cautious. Be careful upon holding and stepping on it, always follow what your guide told you to do so, like where you should step and hold on to.

Picture17
Upon reaching the top, here's the Matukad Lagoon where the 6 kilos milk fish reside for about 20 years. Would it really be true that a fish can live this long? Unusual but true.Then after seeing the lagoon and heard about the story (click to discover it), we climbed a little more to move to a certain spot where you can appreciate the whole Island. 

Picture7
Wow! the only word I said. This spot is so perfect I never regretted I had stone scratches and bruises on my legs. From here, you'll see how beautiful the whole Island is. See those Islands on our background? How about those sea grasses saying hi from the waters?

Picture6
This is the other point of the perfect spot, here our background is Matukad's shore together with the beautiful huge rock. And see where we docked our boat, the area we came from down there?  Weew, a little bit tiring but it's really worth it.

Picture3
Here's the perfect view from the perfect spot! Now you know why I really love this Island! I never imagined I could see this kind of scenery that I only saw on paintings.

Picture9
After the rock climbing challenge, get tired and bathe in so much heat and sweat (eeew) we immediately plunge into Island's cold bluish waters. So relaxing and so fun! Moreover, we enjoyed snorkeling around  as well.

Picture12 Picture11
I wasn't able to catch good underwater pictures that time but able to saw beautiful fishes even though the water is too shallow (about 1 ft. high). I can say that the Island is still rich from natural resources and nature.
Picture4

Picture14I will never forget this great Island for its beautiful scenery, rock formations, powdered pure white sand, stories, snorkeling, rock climbing and swimming. All in one Island! That was my first time to do and see all those things in one particular place. So perfect, so beautiful. I know every people, adventurous or not, will definitely enjoy this place. I swear that you will really love this Island like I do. (this picture was taken under the huge round rock). After leaving the Island, I promised to myself that I will come back and hug this Island once again.

HAPPY GALA!
---felicitousgalaera :)

2 comments:

  1. caramoan is indeed beautiful.. secluded and unspoiled pa :)

    http://diaryofamodernmariaclara.blogspot.com/

  2. Tama po.. separated kasi from the city kaya maintained yung beauty of every Islands. :)

Post a Comment

Like the Blog? Just post a comment and share! thnks:)

 

Lovers' Trails Copyright © 2011 | Template created by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger